CUPRA teams up with music superstar Rosalía

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

At last night’s El Clasico at Camp Nou, fans at the stadium and around the world got a teaser that something might be happening, around Rosalía’s “Abcdefg” song.

DSC02843_@sharonlopez.jpg

This morning, Barcelona, Madrid and Mexico City woke up discovering an Out of Home campaign where billboards and posters were taken over by CUPRA and Rosalía, one of the biggest and most relevant artists internationally.

Sven Schuwirth, COO of CUPRA, said: “Rosalía shares CUPRA’s unconventional sprit and, like the brand, is Spanish but with a truly international mindset. This partnership is another example of CUPRA reaching new generations who are looking for something different from all aspects of life. I’m very much looking forward to the next phases of this outstanding collaboration, stay tuned!”

Rosalía was born just four kilometres away from the CUPRA HQ in Sant Esteve Sesrovires – and her music and public persona demonstrate a deep connection to where she’s from and her cultural heritage. She told Rolling Stone that “My culture, my roots, my heritage – everything I come from, I always feel proud of it”. Both CUPRA and Rosalía inspire the world from Barcelona and place emotion at the forefront of everything they do.

In 2022, Rosalía released her landmark Grammy-award winning album MOTOMAMI, which she wrote, recorded and executive produced. It debuted at number one on Spotify’s Global Album Chart (a first for a Spanish artist) and had the strongest Billboard chart debut of any 2022 Latin album.

One of the most viral songs on MOTOMAMI was the track “Abcdefg”, where Rosalía created her very own alphabet. Now, this alphabet might get a whole new unconventional perspective.